Sunday, August 1, 2010

Ranked matches and dancing.

Friday, after the 'workday' we hung around the studio all night. The dogs were with us so we had some friends over and got some pizza. Lindsay and Francesca made trend boards, Ryan and I just hung out.

I tried my hand at some Ranked Matches in Super Street Fighter IV, and had a tough go at it. I don't think I won a match, and I played like 7 or 8. Yikes.

On Saturday, I tried again and did a great deal better. I was winning probably 3/4 of my matches. So much, much better.

We went out and grabbed some hot dogs on our way to run some errands. We went to Target to grab some stuff and I ended up getting an eye exam and buying new glasses and sun glasses. I hope they're ready before we go to Iceland next week.

We stopped by United Noodle and picked up a few essentials. We spent most of the afternoon cleaning the entire house, and later on we went out dancing. The plan was to meet up at Honey, but there was some sort of Senator's fundraiser going on. Strange. So we walked over the the Front and got busy.

At first it was just Lindsay and I. Chris C and Jessie were on their way, but the change of location threw them off a bit. Natalie and Hart showed up, but they were exhausted from running a race earlier in the day, so they chilled at a table. More friends kept trickling in and out. There was a group of ten or so of us busting a move, but the floor got really crowded and we got smushed into the corner.

I danced really hard and was drenched within 15 minutes. 2 hours later, I was still dancing and felt like I was going to vomit. But every time I nearly dropped from exhaustion, someone new would show up and it was renew my dancing vigor. By the time Ryan showed up late into the night, I was ready to go. But I kept dancing for another 1/2 hour or so until I was barely able to stand. A group of us headed to Little T's and got some nachos. Like always.

I woke up early on Sunday, considering the previous night. I played some Battlefield with Ryan. We played through 2 levels of Onslaught on Hardcore, so now I've finished them all that way. We played with a pick-up group, and it went pretty smoothly.

Lindsay and I went to Cafe Latte on Grand in St. Paul. It was some sort of Dog Days Festival, so there were dogs EVERYWHERE. Very cute.

When we got home, I took a little nap before heading over to the studio. I finished an illustration for a client, which I hope to post once I get some feedback. Lindsay was working on her class syllabus, so I played some more Battlefield with Ryan. We just played Rush on the new map and it was a lot of fun. When we got home, I put on a documentary for Lindsay and did some billing.

1 comment:

Jesse said...

Iceland?! Oh man, I want to go there