Sunday, November 8, 2009

Brutal catch-up.

I'm going to run through some stuff really quick to catch up on the past week or so of lazy blogging. Some of it's pretty exciting, but the space bar came off my keyboard, which makes blog posts pretty hard to write. I can still 'space', but I have to be very precise in my thumb placement. It just slows me down.

Although the offending keyboard is just plugged into my laptop, so some might argue that I could have just opened my laptop to compose some beautiful prose. But whatevs. Hindsight is 20/20.

Eddie and Ophelia.jpg

On Halloween Lindsay, Ryan, Chris C, Adam, Jessie, and Sara celebrated in some costumes. All of us (minus Sara and Jessie) went as Brutal Legend characters. Lindsay and I got the idea a week or so ahead of time, and it kind of spread from there...

Brutal Group 1.jpg

The costumes turned out really well, if I do say so myself. We met up at Ryan and did the final touches before taking some quick photos and heading out to Keith's house party.

Brutal Party 2.jpg

After we made an appearance, we went downtown to a new club called Elixir. I had high hopes, since it sounds like something you drink in an RPG. Alas, it was a downtown nightclub. Better than most, maybe, but still a little on the skank-ho side. Chris C got felt up, I think, and I saw some boobs. I didn't have my glasses on so they were blurry, though.

We rocked out in full on costumes, and finished up the night with some Nachos at Little T's.

It was a good time. If you don't know what Brutal Legend is, or want to see the source material comparisons, check out my blog post on Die Everyday. Good stuff.

On Tuesday I put a deposit on my new car, a Honda Fit. Unfortunately, they're a pretty hot item right now, and my deposit was for a car that wasn't even being built (in Japan) until late December... which meant I had a wait. But with some compromise I found one in the 5-state area that would work, so I should have it in two weeks or so. Score! I can't open the hood to my car anymore, so I've been worried about it not lasting too much longer.

I also posted a response to October's Super Awesome Art Challenge. Fun.

This Friday Lindsay and I went out to get some cat food, and ended up at Best Buy to pick up Dragon Age. Which is made by BioWare, who made Baldur's Gate 2, one of Lindsay's favorite games. That reminded her of old-ish PC games, and we ended up picking up a PC laptop just to play those old-ish games on. Ha. Bet you didn't see that one coming.

It's a Sony Vaio, and it's not top-o-the-line or anything, but it works for our needs. Of course, I've spent most time with it so far.

I downloaded Steam immediately and proceeded to buy Torchlight. Which is totally awesome. I also downloaded a bunch of demos. I've got my finger on the trigger to buy Company Of Heroes, but I'm going to give Dawn of War a try first. They're similar games made by the same company. Dawn of War is newer but word on the street is that Company of Heroes is the better game.

Plus the WWII setting does a little bit more for me than the Warhammer universe... But Dawn of War just finished downloading, and I'm going to hit that shit up. Right now.

No comments: