Monday, November 16, 2009

Rough day. NOT!

Lindsay had the idea to get a massage on Sunday. In preparation for this, I went to the gym and worked out extra hard while Lindsay went to Yoga. We met up at the studio, but had a hard time finding any massage places that had 2 open spots at the same time so we settled with a being 45 minutes apart. Luckily, the place was just a couple blocks from the studio.

Lindsay went first, and I hung out at Adam's place and tried DJ Hero for the first time. It was fun, the music ranged from OK to really good, and it was pretty easy (on Medium). Easier than I expected. Maybe if I ever see it on some super clearance I'd pick it up, but considering I only ever play Rock Band with other people, a solo music game doesn't have that much appeal.

Finally, it was time for my massage. I walked over to the place, they got me in quickly and I told the dude giving me the massage that my previous massage had been performed by a tiny Asian woman. I could barely feel a thing afterward.

This time I wanted it to hurt. And it did. There were points where there was so much pressure that I was gritting my teeth, and about to cry 'Mercy'. But it was awesome. I can feel it today, but yesterday I was feeling pretty good. It was an hour long massage, but he skipped over some things he might normally focus on because once he started, he could tell my back needed some work.

I guess going to the gym daily and having a terrible habit of barely stretching causes some knots and such.

After the massage, I met up with Lindsay and Adam at Bubble Me. A silly named Bubble Tea place with an awesome Milk Tea. We walked back to the studio and went to Yum!, where I was tempted to get something greasy and delicious, but I think the toxins that had been released from my muscles had started to make me feel a little ill, so I got a salad and a ton of water.

We went home and cleaned for a bit. Lindsay's making some major progress cleaning up some of her areas she's neglected, and I just tired to keep things in order, taking out trash, sweeping and picking up the more communal spaces...

Ryan came by and told us all about his trip out West, and then we played The Beatles: Rock Band and House of the Dead: Overkill for a bit. Once he left Lindsay and I took the laptop into bed and played some Machinarium, which is very relaxing.

No comments: