On Friday I went out with a friend who's been having a hard time lately. He's always unloading everything on Lindsay, but he wanted to talk to me one-on-one. And I listened and I responded truthfully. Although I think some of what I said was not what he wanted to hear, it was cool.
I went home and played some MW2 with a couple friends, then burned through some Dragon Age.
Saturday Lindsay and I started out with cleaning up the house a bit and taking a huge pile of junk Savers. My new car is awesome for hauling tons of crap, so that's perfect. Then we went shopping and ran a bunch of errands. By the time we got home, it was already getting kind of late. I went to the gym, but I wasn't feeling so hot and didn't do much worthwhile. Then I went home and chilled out until Lindsay came back from Yoga.
When Lindsay came in the door, she ran to her computer and showed me that Grease was at the Orpheum theater downtown. Someone had given us tickets to the show of our choice, so what better play to see than Grease? So we ran out the door, since it started in less than an hour. And the play was great. Phenomenal, actually.
Afterwords we stopped at Hell's Kitchen for some food. I haven't been to their "new" location (I think they've been there for a long time now) but it super nice. There was a CD release party for a band there, so they were playing on stage.
It was actually really good, especially when a woman got on stage (they didn't have a full-time vocalist, it seemed like they had a rotating collection of women) and stopped in the middle of a song and spit "Here I go, here I go, here I go again. Girls, what's my weakness?" and before I knew what was happening, out of pure instinct, I shouted "MEN!"
She kicked all of Salt N Pepa's Shoop before going back to the song she had been singing before, and it was amazing. It made my night. The food was really good, too.
Today Lindsay and I went to the Tea Garden to hang out and work on some art stuff. It's been a while, I don't think I've been there in months. We finished up some Thank You's for the wedding that had fallen through the cracks. I went to Wet Paint and got stocked. I was running dry on just about all my art supplies, so it felt good to just pile it up...
Most of the time I jammed out and worked on some art. I posted a couple of drawings to A Day in the Life, and finished up a piece I've been poking at for months. Not that it's that crazy or complicated or awesome. I just never had the chance to just sit down and work on it for a good chunk of time until today.
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment