Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Time to do some laundry.

We finally got our new washing machine delivered yesterday. But it wasn't smooth.

They were scheduled to deliver between 10am-2pm so Lindsay postponed a meeting until the afternoon to be there. But they didn't show until 2:30. And the delivery guy got mad at Lindsay and wouldn't bring it any further than the garbage cans out back. Because we don't have a "real driveway." Which is technically true, but we live in Minneapolis, no one has a real driveway. The dude only had a palette jack, and no dolly, so he just left it out back.

Lindsay had to leave for he meeting, which she was now late for, and our brand-new, still-packaged 800 dollar washing machine sitting out by the trash in the alley.

So I left work at 3:30 to stop by a Rental place, grab a dolly, go home, load it up, pull it to the house and unpack it (it was had about a 1 inch gap to get through the door and down the stairs).

By that point Chris C was getting off work, so he came by to help get it down the stairs. I wanted to take the old washer out, because if we didn't do it now, we probably never would...

We started to take a hose off the back of the old machine, and water sprayed everywhere until we found the shut off valve. Finally we had the new one in and the old one out. I made it back to the rental place at 6, just as they were closing. It was crappy, but I felt a sense of accomplishment. I take the small victories.

I also picked up Uncharted 2 and Brutal Legend yesterday. I had to decide which to play, and I picked Uncharted 2 to start with. I figured it's more straight forward, so Brutal Legend's open world will have to wait.



I got an hour or two into Uncharted, and I'm pretty sure that it's officially has the best graphics I've ever seen in a videogame. I won't go nuts over it, but there have been a few locations where I've just spun the camera and been like "I can't even believe they made this, every person who works at Naughty Dog must be so awesome and talented and on point it's ridiculous."

Plus, the game is just really fun. I knew it would be. The first Uncharted was great, and this just polishes everything up a bit. It's like Gears of War gunplay (but less powerful) with Tomb Raider exploration and climbing (but less awkward). It's pretty great.

This week (and weekend) has also been kind of strange because I almost got a new job. There was a place that was looking for someone, and I was interested. I'm not actively pursuing a new job, but it they could pay me what I required, it would have been a fun switch.

But Lindsay ended up working out a perfect deal with them. I won't go into details, besides Lindsay is still doing Paper Bicycle in full effect, but I am relieved she got it to all work out. It would have been a great job, but some not-immediately-apparent negatives started to surface and I was starting to rethink my decision.So now I don't have to worry about it.

4 comments:

Jesse said...

you'll have to give a report on Brutal Legend, I was all set to buy it but then got cold feet. It sounds short.

Chris Hajny said...

I think it's funny you get cold feet because a game is too short. You don't finish anything, anyway.

Chris Hajny said...

Buuuurn.

Jesse said...

Hey, I finally finished Mass Effect. And I am hell bent on finishing Fallout 3 someday...

I'll probably cave and buy Brutal Legend this weekend.