Monday, October 19, 2009

Excitement personified.

I got really into Demon's Souls. That game is amazing. Last Thursday Chris C came over and worked on some freelance while I played. He helped, though. It's pretty hard, so he helped navigate the complex dungeons and gave his opinion when I had doubts about fighting an enemy that might be over my head or going down a particularly foreboding corridor. That game is sweet. And, while difficult, I'm finding it to be easier that most people make it sound...

I woke up early Friday morning to the sound of my phone ringing. I didn't know what time it was, but I didn't care. It was too early to be answering phones, that much is certain...

Turns out my sister had her baby. So my two pregnant sisters and now both officially my two sisters with children. Unfortunately, I still had to go to work, despite the news.

So I did that, and it was an exhausting day. I went to the gym afterwords, and then hung out with Adam. We went to Yum and met up with Becky, and after that I gave Adam a quick tour of the ins and outs of Demon's Souls and Uncharted 2. We made a billion cookies (for Lindsay's class) and I also played some Halo 3: ODST with Ryan online.

Adam didn't leave until pretty late, but I forced myself to get up at a reasonable hour the next morning. I always immediately go into the "sleep until noon, stay up until 5 am" routine every weekend, and I'm trying to break myself of that since it makes the first 1/2 of the work week so rough...

Lindsay and I went to the circus in the afternoon, which was cool. We each got a hot dog and some popcorn, which is unusual for us. But that hot dog was really, really good for some reason. After all the excitement, we were tired so we went home to rest up. I prepared to fight a dragon in Demon's Souls (which meant grinding out the cash to buy 300 arrows to use against the dragon).

Later that night we went out to the 112 Eatery with Chris C, Jessie and Ryan. It was a good time. There were a whole lot of dirty jokes. Maybe more than usual.

Sunday was a chill day. I beat the last level of ODST with Ryan. I played a TON of Uncharted 2, which is surprisingly long. I keep playing because I think I'm 5 minutes from the end, but hours pass. That's happened twice, at least. And still totally amazing. It keeps getting better. We took the dogs for a walk and I cooked some diner, and we wrote about 100 Thank Yous for the wedding. But we tried not to leave the house too much, and we made sure not to invite anyone over, which has a tendency to happen unexpectedly.

No comments: