Friday, March 20, 2009

The Lost and Damned and Me.

I am still sick, but I might be getting better. I actually went to the Doctors on Wednesday, because it's been about 2 weeks since I've been able to eat normally, and I figured that was long enough.

The biggest thing keeping me from going to see the Doctor is that it's always a waste of time. I go, they do their thing, they inevitably tell me they don't know, here's their best guess, call me again if you're not better in a couple weeks.

And that is exactly what happened. It's probably a virus, it will probably go away, there's probably nothing I can do. Thanks.

So that sucks and I'm craving a real meal. What's terrible is that when I don't eat I feel pretty good. So I get hungry. But I know as soon as that food hits my stomach, I have about 20 minutes until I am going to be sick like no one's business. So even though I do have an apatite, I'm just afraid to eat.

Maybe I'm better? I don't know, I haven't tried eating today...



I did download The Lost and The Damned, the expansion to Grand Theft Auto 4. It's got completely new main character, a new story, new music, new weapons, new vehicles and a few new gameplay mechanics. And it's good. Just like GTA 4 was good.

I did beat GTA 4 quite a while ago, and by the time I was finished, I was pretty sick of the game. I had to drag myself through the last few missions (although the last one or two had enough of an emotion pull that I did get a little caught up in it). It was such a long game that by the end I was a little fatigued.

But the city they created for the game, Liberty City, was so huge, dense and well-realized that I felt like I hadn't even seen a fraction of it. A little while ago, I got the itch to go visit Liberty City, so I popped in the game. But it wasn't really the same.

Wandering aimlessly around Liberty City is impossible. It's so dense, so complicated and so huge that you get lost if you don't have anywhere to go. Which is where The Lost and The Damned comes in... A renewed sense of direction and purpose.

So far The Lost and the Damned seems just as good as GTA 4 was. Actually, maybe it's better. The characters are all jerks and scumbags so far, including you, but I like that. I like my psychotic, hard-living gang leader more than I liked Brucie or Kate from GTA 4. And knowing the story is an 8-10 hour ordeal is an easier pill to swallow that GTA 4's bloated 30+ hour story...

So I give it my seal of approval. The music is really good, as usual. It's hard to know where the old tracks end and the new ones begin, since they're all mixed in together, but I do notice that I'm switching radio stations less...

No comments: