Alright, so it's Sunday again. It seems like time has been flying. Now there were down to the Skeleton Crew at work, it's a constant go-go-go all week.
This Friday Lindsay and I went out to Rice Paper, a sort of asian-fusion kind of place. I've actually never been a huge fan of it, though.
I tried something new, looking for that one special dish that will make me want to come back. What I got was super, super spicy, but ultimately kind of flavorless. I couldn't even eat more than a few bites. But I filled up on Ice Cream at Sebastian Joe's afterward.
At around 11:30 pm, Lindsay decided she wanted to play Dance Dance Revolution. Which we don't own.
So we ended up driving around looking for a 24-hour WalMart. Yuck. I try my hardest to avoid going into a WalMart, and I do a pretty good job of it, but there weren't any alternatives in this case...
Luckily we were able to find a copy of Dance Dance Revolution Universe 3 for the Xbox 360. I had heard it was bad, but Lindsay was pretty set on getting it so that was that.
We danced to the arrows until 4 am. DDRU3 not that bad, actually. I can see how it would be labeled bad. There are kind of long loading times. It's kind of hard to tell if you're hitting the notes or not. When you do miss, it's hard to tell exactly why. All of the music is pulled from a very narrow scope. And the visuals don't do anything to impress.
But it's also exactly what I expect from DDR. The music is probably what makes or breaks the game, and strangely enough, Lindsay has been on a kick for the type of music that DDR features prominently: music that sounds like it came straight from a cheesy club in Second Life...
Saturday, March 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment