Today I got sick after I ate. Again. Which has happened pretty much every time I've eaten since a week and a half ago... I tried not eating for as long as I can, and I try just eating bread, soups, salad, anything I can think of that doesn't have the potential to make me sick. But it still does.
I called the Doctor, and got an appointment in the afternoon. Lucky me. But when I was about 5 minutes away from the Hospital, they called me back and said the doctor I was scheduled to see had to leave, so I had to reschedule.
So tomorrow then.
I'm at the Tea Garden right now, with Lindsay and Chris C. I ran over to First Tech and bought a new mouse, mine was getting really jumpy, which is a pain in the ass with OSX's Exposé active. The mouse had a tendency to loose it's tracking and just jump to the corner that triggered Exposé. Annoying. I could have switched it, but the jittery randomness of the mouse was annoying enough to warrant a new one, and I am so accustomed to having Exposé in that corner, and it took a while to get to that point.
I also got a new 500 gig external hard drive. Man, storage is so cheap now it's ridiculous. I've really been lacking in my back-up habits lately, and I've got to get on that. I was good about it for a while, but files accumulated, sprawled and got real confusing.
So I totally cleaned up every folder on my computer.
All I have is art. Tons and tons and tons of it. All my media like music and photos are on an external drive, because the art takes up a whole lot of space and I like to have it with me.
And it was organized at one point. But then I'd make a bunch of new art, group it all up and stick it in a "NEW ART" folder. Then I'd make more and stick it in a "RECENT ART" folder. Then I'm make more and stick it in a "ART ART ART" folder.
Every time I sorted a folder and thought I was done, I'd find another that was just as big. Each one had 20-40 pieces in it, of varying quality and states of completion. I forget all this stuff I work on and leave behind.
So I had to decide if each piece was Website-Worthy, Leave-On-the-Harddrive-to-Continue-Working-on-Worthy, or Archive-Graveyard-Worthy. Or somewhere in between.
Most of it was Archive-Graveyard-Worthy. But there were quite a few in all categories.
Now I can do a complete back-up and I won't have to worry so much...
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment