Sunday, January 30, 2011

Computer time.

I've was busy last week making stationery. I've become pretty much the only person to work on this big project now that Lindsay and Francesca are teaching. Which is fine, since the rush is kind of over, but it still takes all my time.

I even went in to thier offices Friday morning to get a new project. It's another stationery project, but this one is considerably different than the previous one, style and content-wise. So that's cool.

It seems like they really like working with us, which was made really apparent during this meeting. The last project had a roomful of designers in addition to us, but this time it was just me and one other guy, who's a photographer. So we survived the rest. Good for us? Or is it because we just take the punishment?

After the meeting I did lunch with Natalie again. I wish I could get out there more, but it's so far away. I always feel rushed, so I never actually stop into the office to say hi to the old gang... I should probably do that.

This Saturday I got my computer back. I was relieved that they didn't have to wipe the hard drive or anything. I backed up everything many times over using Time Machine, so it wouldn't have been a huge deal, just one more headache. So it's nice that they sparred me the hassle.

On Sunday we also got a new Mac Mini for the studio. We already had extra monitors, keyboards and mice sitting around, so it was an easy pic. It's now the official studio computer, for use by freelancers and interns. It's also hooked up to both scanners and both printers. So that's a lot of fun. Even thought it's a biznass computer, I still like playing with new stuff.

The rest of the weekend was filled with trips to the gym, Target, West Elm and 5 Guys burgers. I put in some time at night on Dead Space 2 and it's still really good. I'm totally loving it, as expected. It was a pretty laid back weekend. Which is good.

No comments: