Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Bad night, mediocre day.

I'm going to try to post something every day again. I got out of the habit, probably thanks to the incredible tedium of my life. But my reader demands more!

Today was kind of ok, but kind of awful. Last night was extra terrible.

Thanks to the dust, construction and constant flow of men in and out of our house, we have to have all the cats locked up... in the 2 rooms available to us. And one cat can't be with the rest, so that's 1 to 4. Which means 4 in the bedroom. And that would be fine, if they weren't LOCKED in the bedroom. They love being on the bed and sleeping, provided they don't HAVE to. But as soon as you shut the door, and all of a sudden they all have places they want to be.

And I'm a super light sleeper, which means I had cats meowing at me, pawing at me, walking on me, chomping food and scratching at litter all night long. I was very angry.

We tried to sleep in as long as we could, but the workers showed up to work on house which forced us up and out.

I didn't get much done at work. I got an alright amount done but a lot seemed to be re-saving files in different formats over and over.

Then we got an email about our deadline. There must have been some miscommunication, or this is currently being some miscommunication, because the deadline is now way sooner than anticipated. Like, impossibly soon.

Not impossible like we'd have to stay up 24/7, but impossible like even if we had 10 people to stay up 24/7 it'd be impossible. So there's that. We're trying to sort that out.

I dropped Lindsay at MCAD to teach, and I went to the gym. I'm trying to go every day I possible can, even if our clients have other things to say about that. But I knew I couldn't go tomorrow, so I was really motivated to go today. And it was fun.

Now we're watching nature documentaries and working. Or rather, I'm writing this blog.

1 comment:

Jesse said...

Why don't you lock some of the cats in that little front room, where the TV used to be? Or is that already 1 of the two rooms?