Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Cat Puke.

Hmmmm. I feel like I should have more time to write these things. I am getting worse, but I guess that's ok. Here's the deal. I cleaned a ton of shit to prepare for our re-doing our upstairs floor. Starting Monday there have been, and will be, dudes here at 8 am sanding and making tons of noise.

Our house is super dusty, dirty and cramped. We can't let the cats out of our room, because they want to go upstairs. So we have the front room and the bed room, 7 animals split between 2 rooms.

All the crap from upstairs in in the living room, kitchen, front room and wherever we could put it.

What I basically am trying to say is that I feel like I'm suffocating every second I'm at home.

And at work I've got a ton of crap to do that super detail oriented, so I feel like I"m suffocating there, too. This year is not starting out as I'd hoped, but once this upstairs project is done I feel like it will be much, much better. At the same time, we should be finishing up this project at work, so maybe it will be like a double rainbow all the way.

In other news, I started (and finished) Singularity. I was probably most interested in it because it was made by hometown heroes Raven Software. It was good to very good. The story was whatever, the graphics were pretty good, but the time-manipulation device is what made the game. There's a ton of abilities, and switching it up and using all of them is what made the game a joy.

Highlight: throwing down a Deadlock (a bubble that slows down time for anything inside, including bullets) on three guys, then running up to each one, shooting a bullet at their head, then unfreezing time to watch them all crumple at once.

It's a very cartoon-y kind of game with crazy sci-fi, terrible accents, silly monsters and a nonsense story. But it was good. And pretty dang short. I played in big spurts after being so burnt out from last week, but it couldn't have taken more than 5 or 6 hours.

Also, this:

1 comment:

Jesse said...

What are you turning the upstairs into?