Thursday, April 14, 2011

Playing catch-up.

Hmmm, a two or three weeks since my last post? What has happened in a few weeks?

I played through, and beat, Crysis 2. It was pretty good. I'm not totally in love, although it was probably the best FPS, singleplayer-wise, I've played in a long time.

I'm always into shooters that are more open. I've never been into the tightly scripted CoD-type campaigns, but lately it's been tough to find anything outside of that mold.

Crysis 2 does a pretty bang-up job of presenting wide-open areas in an otherwise very linear game. The suit powers and weapons help with that, too. There's no 'best weapon' to take, or best course of action, it's just what you feel like doing.

I might even go back, since I think there's a new game + option, just to replay the opening levels with of the freedom and power you get by the end of the game.

But really, the slightly wider corridors really just make me want to go back to Far Cry 2. I swear not a week goes by where I don't think about booting that game up...

We had art in ARTCRANK. That was cool to see. It was a massive party, and there was a lot going on.

Also, CVA arranged a studio visit for about 20 freshmen to visit Paper Bicycle studios. So last Friday a bunch of kids came in and we talked at them for about an hour or so, letting them know what we do.

In honor of the school visiting us, we decided to really bust our asses to get the 2nd studio painted. We started the first coat with a purple that ended up being too dark, so we went back with a much lighter color, using the paint that was left from painting the first studio. That was a full day of suck, but we did it. Besides finishing details, that is.

Also, one friday we somehow decided to get out of our over-worked mindset by doing some Darklands fanart.

We did dinner with the Schons' the other day, and Isara is looking mighty pregnant. It won't be long until we're having some quality baby-time with a mini-Schons.

I'm trying to catch up with SAAC but I feel guilty working on something that's not due for a client. But I'll do it. I swear I will get caught up.

I've also been spending a bit more time getting back into shape. The ungodly amount of work we had to do this winter, combined with the bitter cold has made me soft. So I've got a gameplan and so far I've lost about 7 lbs. I expect to lose another 10 or so before I'm through.

Most nights have been too busy for much but I'm chipping away at Dragon Age 2 when I can. I'm still liking it a ton, maybe because I can't play it long enough to see how repetitive it is...

I got to finish a design tonight. I'm excited, though, because I spent the day working on it, and I was pretty lukewarm on it. But then I switched up the colors (there's only 2) and it made all the difference in the world.

Oh yeah, blog, I haven't been ignoring you for twitter. I've been finding it even harder to post anything over there... maybe I just don't have a ton to say lately...

No comments: