This week I figured I'd better get started on collecting donations for the Humane Society's Walk for Animals. We were there this weekend and I realized I haven't collected a cent.
Usually we just ask friends and family, but this year we put up a contest on the PB blog, and so far it's going pretty well. Today at the gym, however, I realized I was going to have to figure out how to mail posters and prints to all the donors... Oops.
No big deal, really, but it's just more cost and work for me.
I went out for diner with Natalie on Monday, to hear the scoop on her recent string of interviews. We went to Cafeteria, and she told me all all the good and bad news. The good news is she's lucky enough to be finding plenty of places to offer her a job, but that probably means she'll have to move.
Portal 2 showed up in the mail yesterday. I popped it in and played about 45 minutes of it, and it seems great. It's quite funny already, and I forgot just how magical Portals are. After so long, it's still a bit mind bending backing into a portal and watching yourself come out the other side.
I started writing this a week ago and forgot to finish it. Damn. WTF, me?
This weekend was full of labor. Friday was nice, though, because we met Mary, Francesca and Adam at Quangs. We all squeezed into a booth and it was a nice time.
I had an awesome time at the gym on Saturday, but then I was a bit worn out for the rest of the day. We went to Ikea to grab some things for the new studio, and ended up with a pretty big haul. We took it back to the office and assembled some of it, but then we decided to hit up the store and get a new computer before they closed. We went to Best Buy, since we are planning to get some big ol' monitors as well, but they didn't have the computer we wanted in stock so we just said forget it. There's 2 Apple retailers within walking distance of the studio, so we can just grab it later.
Lindsay was super hungry, and there's a Don Pablo's next door to Best Buy. She decided it would be a good idea to eat there... I'm not sure why. We've eaten there once years ago, and I think we both though it sucked, but there's not much in that part of time and Lindsay wasn't willing to wait. She should have though, because she hated it. Oops. Never again, I guess.
I was supposed to do a bunch of design-work for my brother, because he had a big presentation on Monday. But he was assembling some materials, and I didn't end up even starting until Midnight. I worked until about 4, and I went to bed out of duty. I wasn't tired, but I knew staying up any later would throw me further out of sync with the real world.
I woke up the next morning thinking about it. It was Easter, and I would have liked to enjoy it. But I also couldn't leave him hanging. So I started working and spent most of the day doing so.
I took one break to make some bad-ass chili, though.
Lindsay got sick of waiting around and went to have coffee with Atom. She ended up hanging out for a long time. I finished my work and cleaned up a bit, and then sat down to play some Crysis 2 multiplayer with Ryan (that's probably the last time, it's ok but nothing special).
After a couple rounds, I got a call from Lindsay, who was shaken up because when she left Atom's house and headed to her car, a kid started shooting a gun at a car that was driving down the street. He just took the gun out, fired a couple shots, tucked it and kept walking, albeit it much faster. When he shot, he was about 5 feet from Lindsay.
What the fuck is wrong with people? That shit pisses me off to no end.
So I told Lindsay to call of police, and I didn't much feel like shooting fools in Crysis anymore.
Monday, April 25, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment