This week was full of work and stuff that I can't remember being too interesting.
Chris C and Ryan convinced me to get Call of Duty: Black Ops. I wasn't going to, but they wore me down a bit, plus I had 45 bucks in Amazon credit, and I got 20 bucks in Amazon credit if I bought it, so it was KINDA like I only play $-5. Right?
I played it a bit, and it's fun. It's Call of Duty, all right, but that's ok. They toned back a lot of what kind of turned me off from Modern Warfare 2, which became of game of Killstreak-stacking. You needed x-kills to get the turret, which got you x-kills to get you the attack chopper... etc. It was a grindhouse and a bore. So far this one seems to have stepped away from some of the crazier, zanier parts of MW2, but we'll see.
On Friday we were all set to go to a friend's birthday party. But as we were packing up for the day, we saw he had moved the party to Saturday. Which was a bummer, because we already had a party to go to on Saturday. Instead we went out to eat at the 112 Eatery. Francesca had never been there, and she was amazed at how amazing all the food was (everyone is their first time). Afterward she came to our place and helped Lindsay prepare for Saturday's class, which she was guest-teaching. I mainly played Red Dead Redemption's Undead Nightmare, and a bit of Black Ops.
When it came time to take Francesca home at 2 AM or so, it was snowing. A lot. Which was bizarre and unexpected. So it was a tricky drive home but I figured the snow would melt the next day (spoiler: it didn't).
On Saturday I spent the time Lindsay was at class doing dishes and laundry and trying to get the house in order. When Lindsay came home, I shoveled some HEAVY-ass slush-snow, and we braved the on-going snow storm to go to ProSource. We needed to choose some flooring, since we're re-doing our upstairs, and I guess ProSource is the place to be. Except it was closed without warning. Holiday hours or something.
Instead we went to the Mall of America. Lindsay wanted new boots, but we ended up in the super-high-end part of Bloomingdales, which I guess is it's own entity.
The sales people were bizzarely friendly, and one girl was gushing over how fashionable we are, demanding to know where we were from. I guess video game t-shirts and target checkered shirts are all the rage. She kept asking us questions about our lives, and it turns out she was going to art school, so then she got really excited.
The other woman who helped us seemed to have a weird British accent... at first. But then it kind of disappeared. We were there for an hour or more, so maybe she was doing it as a joke thinking it would only last 5 minutes. All in all, Lindsay walked out with a new leather jacket, a new dress, a new blazer and no boots.
We took a nap before the party, and then headed out into the snow again. The party was a Sadie Hawkin's dance, so it was kind of funny. It was at our friend's house, which I'd never been to. He actually owns TWO houses, right next to each other, and each is probably big enough to hold 2 1/2-3 of our houses in. It's crazy.
I provided the music, so you know I busted a groove.
On Sunday Lindsay had to help her class hang a show at the Tea Garden. I came with and ran a bunch of errands, collecting supplies and artwork they needed but didn't bring with. Then I went to the gym next door while they did the rest.
Afterward I was starving, so we hit up Pho Hoa. Damn it was tasty. But it made me want a sweet treat, so we stopped and got some bad-ass donuts at a bakery. To complete Lindsay's dream day, we went shopping for Christmas decorations at Patina.
I helped Chris C move some furniture before heading home to do some work (boring) and finally beat Undead Nightmare (yeah!). Undead Nightmare is awesome. It's way longer than I thought it would be, especially for it's price. I whole-heatedly recommend it. It's really, really good.
Sunday, November 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Undead nightmare is kind of hard. Well, harder than I was expecting. And by harder, I mean slightly more annoying to play. See, all that limited ammo, head-shot neccesitatin' zombie hoard fighting seems to devolve to me running around in a circle whacking a zombie here and there with my torch. Since I run out of dead eye super quick, and I'll be damned if I am going to waste my ammo on my bad manual aim...
Other than that, its not too shabby. They did a pretty convincing job of it all really.
I've barely scratched the surface, mind you.
It is kind of tough at first. I used me torch as much as possible at first too, but then I realized that if you loot bodies, I was always had plenty of ammo. Maxed out, for a lot of guns. I just used dead-eye for as long as I could, then used my shotgun. Killing just a couple will give you enough dead-eye to start using it again. And repeat. I never used my torch by the end...
Good call. I also need to figure out how to get on the roofs for easier shootin'
I also discovered I don't really remember how to lasso a horse properly. I failed to get the flaming horse... I'll figure it out eventually.
Marsten seems awfully calm about the whole zombie uprising though.
Post a Comment