Saturday, November 27, 2010

Columbus: Day Three

We woke up kinda late again on Saturday. Jenny came over and we walked to the North Market. It's kind of like the Midtown Global Market, except smaller and less ethnic. It was pretty cute though, and Lindsay had a grand old time running around looking at tea pots, candy, bubble tea and more. Ryan got some Polish food, and Lindsay and I got some Vietnamese noodles.

Columbus_Day3_01

Columbus_Day3_02

Columbus_Day3_03

Columbus_Day3_04

Columbus_Day3_05

Columbus_Day3_06

Columbus_Day3_07

Columbus_Day3_08

Columbus_Day3_09

Columbus_Day3_10

Columbus_Day3_11

Columbus_Day3_12

Columbus_Day3_13

Columbus_Day3_14

From there we walked around the Short North area of town. We went to a bunch of boutique-type places... some furniture stores, a paper and stationery store. Ummm. Some other stuff I can't remember. I think it was more Lindsay and Jenny's scene than myself and Ryan's. But it was cool.

Columbus_Day3_15

Columbus_Day3_16

Columbus_Day3_17

Columbus_Day3_18

Columbus_Day3_19

Eventually we found a tea place call ZenCha and sat down for a while and tried some different drinks. It was pretty good.

Columbus_Day3_20

Columbus_Day3_21

Columbus_Day3_22

Columbus_Day3_23

Columbus_Day3_24

Right across from the tea place was a multi-storied vintage store. Lindsay stopped in just to peek, and we ended up exploring for an hour or more. They had a lot of weird crap.

Columbus_Day3_25

Columbus_Day3_26

Columbus_Day3_27

Columbus_Day3_28

Columbus_Day3_29

Columbus_Day3_30

Columbus_Day3_31

Columbus_Day3_32

We started heading home after that, but there was a restaurant called Northstar Cafe right near by. So even though we weren't starving or anything, we stopped in for diner. It was an organic-minded place, and it was nice to have a salad after so many hot dogs, sweets and Thanksgiving foods. I got a chop salad, and Lindsay got her all time favorite; black beans and rice with avocado. Jenny got a sweet basil burrito and Ryan got a pizza.

Columbus_Day3_33

Columbus_Day3_34

Columbus_Day3_35

Columbus_Day3_36

Columbus_Day3_37

Columbus_Day3_38

Columbus_Day3_39

Columbus_Day3_40

Columbus_Day3_41

We walked back to Ryan's home/work neighborhood, and stopped to pick up a couple cupcakes. Ryan showed us around his office (which is less than a 5 minute walk from his house). It was cool. It's a huge creative agency, with a ton of desks and an open atmosphere. Ryan seems to like it, although his desk was pretty bare. But I think that's just how he lives life.

Columbus_Day3_42

Columbus_Day3_43

Columbus_Day3_44

Columbus_Day3_45

Columbus_Day3_46

Columbus_Day3_47

Columbus_Day3_48

Columbus_Day3_49

When we got home, we ate our cupcakes and Ryan forced me beat his Call of Duty: Black Ops campaign. I played a couple levels before I made him put on a movie.

Columbus_Day3_50

Columbus_Day3_51

Columbus_Day3_52

The last picture is how Ryan slept while we were there. He gave us his bed, and then slept on the floor/couch with a jacket for a blanket. Like a hobo.

2 comments:

Lindsay Nohl said...

HOBO RYAN!

Jesse said...

That's the Ryan I remember. None of this successful owning-shit ryan...