Sunday, November 7, 2010

New roof's coming.

On Friday I stayed up way too late. I can't remember why, exactly, but I do know I got my all-time high score on the Rome table in Pinball FX2. So maybe that was it.

Saturday was a strange day. We bought a new roof a week ago, and on Thursday we were told Saturday was the day. The roofers showed up at 8 am and started banging away. I was hoping to get some sleep despite all that, and I tried. But about 15 minutes in, they rang the doorbell so I had to get up.

They were informing me there were some changes that needed to be made from the original plan, and I needed to approve them. It was kind of a big deal since we had already paid, and I know nothing about roofs so I didn't want to sign anything right then and there.

I spent the next 2 hours on the phone with our sales contact, trying to figure out what was going on. He was angry the roofers came to me and not him, and it was a mess for a little while. Once that had sort of settled, I hung around all day. I mainly spent my time cleaning and doing chores. I tried to play the drums in Rock Band, but the roofers banging was throwing off my rhythm. Lindsay was in class and I couldn't leave in case there were anymore hangups. So my options were limited.
Once Lindsay came home it wasn't long until the roof was finished. They were packed up and leaving by 6:15 or so, right as Adam showed up.

He and Lindsay went to Yoga, and I lifted some weights and played Lead and Gold with Jesse. We used the Xbox's voice chat, and I felt kind of silly when Lindsay walked back in the door.

The rest of the night was mainly spent playing Rock Band and reading Tarot cards.

On Sunday we slept in, but it wasn't quite as bad thanks to Daylight Savings. When we finally were up and moving around, we went to Midtown Global Market and got some Tamales. We spent some time walking around there, and when home planning to clean the upstairs.

It was a really nice day, so when we got home I realized if I didn't rake the yard now, I might miss my last chance before the final collection day on the 15th. If it rained this week, I'd be screwed. So I spent the next 4 hours or so raking. We only had one functioning rake, so I spent the time raking but when I was ready, Lindsay helped bag. It was pitch dark by the time we finished up.

No comments: