Thursday, March 24, 2011

When the cat is away...

Lindsay left town to head out to LA for the beginning of the week. On Monday I went to a meeting to get some new work from a client. I got back to the office just in time to take Lindsay and Adam to the airport.

After I dropped them, it was already about 3 or 4 pm. I stopped at Noodles to grab some food, and filled out an interview for I'm Organic. It' the 3rd interview this month, I think, and it's kind of silly.

I feel like I'm known for not having anything to say, but here I am having to answer all these questions. It was fun, though, even though it did take some thinking. I guess I wasn't expecting the questions to be as specific at they were.

While Lindsay was out of town, I had one goal; beat Killzone 3. I've put it on hold for Dragon Age 2, but since Lindsay likes medieval-sword-and-magic-crap and not future-gun-crap, I figured now was a good time to clear that off the deck.

And I liked it. It was a tight shooter, and I like the cover system a whole lot. The graphics ranged from pretty great to probably-the-best-I've-seen-yet. There were moments when I was like 'damn... this is crazy good looking..." but it was also kind of subtle and non as in-your-face as other games. Maybe it's the smaller field-of-view, or the super dense environments, but I feel like it's easy to overlook out stunning it is.

Of course, it was far from perfect. There were a lot of parts where I just died over and over, and I wasn't sure why. Was it unwinnable game conditions, and I was just waiting for a cut scene? Sometimes, maybe. Was it me not knowing my objective or which way I should be going? Sometimes. Was it just poor checkpoints or cheap deaths? Sometimes.

There were a few points where I was just ready to throw my hands of and laugh, but it wasn't too bad. I was able to finish it, on the last night before Lindsay came home, but I probably made myself more aggravated by giving myself a deadline...

The multiplayer is also super cool and interesting, and I did play some of that as well. I really like the unusual class and skills, and I ended up sticking with the Tactician, which no one else seems to play.

Chris C came by on Tuesday to eat some hot dogs at Chris and Robs and take a peek at Kinect. It was a lot of fun, he really liked Kinect Adventures.

Other than that, not a lot happened. I tried to hit the gym as much as possible, and just got my work done. One night I had to stay pretty late to finish a project, and now I don't even remember what that was...

Towards the middle of the week, it started raining. When I went to bed it was thundering and pouring. When I woke up in the morning, there was 6 inches of snow on the ground. Sucky. Crazy.

No comments: