My brother Justin came to town last week. He was in town for a trade show, so it was a one night ordeal, just up and back.
On Monday all of Paper Bicycle went to a meeting. We are starting a new project for the stationery client that's been crushing us for the past couple months. This one is more reasonable, timing-wise. After the day was over, my brother came by the studio and picked me up. We went to Long Fellow and talked for a while, before heading home and playing some games.
It was actually really nice to just get to hang for a while, without it being a family holiday or something like that.
The next morning we got up early and I went with him back to the trade show. I walked the show while he hung out with the reps who carry his product. I took notes in the show book, but there wasn't a ton I found interesting.
Plus, anything that was a little interesting wasn't particularly useful. Since it was Tuesday and one of the last, and slowest, days of the shows, there were only reps there, and no creatives. And the reps aren't much for leads or contacts...
After the show I took Justin to Cafeteria before sending him home. We must be getting more similar in our age, because at least 3 people mistook us for twins in the 18 hours he was up here.
The rest of the week is a bit of a blur. There was a lot of finalizing the work for the stationery project, which is finally over (I think). We also got our posters for the ArtCrank show, although there we weren't super happy about them. Some of the details fell out, which is our fault, and it made it kind of boring. We got worried it was too textured right before sending it off, so we toned it back a lot. Too much.
But we took some gouache and hand-distressed each one personally. So it's better now. I think.
I've been playing Dragon Age 2 when I can, it's really good but I'm not making much progress. It's a slow going game, and I only get short bursts to play it, so it's probably going to last for a long time.
This weekend is Lindsay's birthday and I've got some cool stuff planned, I hope it all goes smoothly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment