I signed Adam, Francesca, Lindsay and myself up a week or two before the class, and went down and got all the supplies needed for everyone. By the time it was her birthday, I had managed to keep it a secret, although by that point she did know other people were involved.
So on Saturday we got up and went to class at 10. The class for 4 hours long, and focused mainly on icing and stuff. Which makes sense, I guess.
It was a lot of fun, though, even if I wasn't in the mood to eat sweets.



After that Lindsay and I went home to open presents, make taco dip, and wait for people to arrive for the evening's festivities. I had gotten Lindsay a Kinect, along with Dance Central (it also comes with Kinect Adventures), so I wanted to set it up before anyone showed up. Chris S, Adam, Atom, Francesca and Mary all came by to eat hot dogs at Chris and Robs and dance in front of scary robot eyeballs.






The best picture of the night was taken towards the very end of the night by Chris S. This is Adam tearing it up like only he can:

Eventually we were danced out. Everyone headed home and we went to bed. The next morning I got up and played some Kinect Adventures before getting ready for the day. The game takes pictures of you, as does Dance Central, but unlike Dance Central, it saves them. If I had known that, I wouldn't have played in my underwear.
But on the whole, the technology worked pretty flawlessly (especially considering we had 3+ people dancing at once, with dogs milling around our feet) and it was a blast. Everyone was laughing, sweating and dancing like crazy, and there were rarely even a hiccup.
Dance Central is easily the stand out game, and Harmonix worked their magic again, with a game that's just as clever as Rock Band.
But maybe more surprisingly, Kinect Adventures is also a ton of fun. It controls a lot tighter than I expected, and most of the games are pretty dang fun. For a free pack in, it's pretty solid and I'm amazed at how much fun I've gotten out of it already.
But Oliver hates it.


No comments:
Post a Comment