Today I went over to Eden Prairie to meet up with some people from the old office for lunch. Turns out it was everyone. Well, maybe not EVERYONE, but all of creative and then some. So I thought I might be able to jump in, say hi, talk for a bit, and leave, but it turned out to be a much bigger deal.
But that's cool. I was excited to see everyone so it was a bonus.
Afterward, I went back to the studio and worked. I worked out for a bit and then played Lara Croft and Guardian of Light with Ryan. We are playing through the game in co-op, but so far we've been doing a bad job. We started weeks, maybe a month or more ago, and we've only made it through a level or two.
So we ran through a level tonight. There's a lot of little challenges or goals you can accomplish during the game; collect 10 red skulls, solve a puzzle in X amount of time, cross a river without touching the water... etc.
We had accomplished all the goals on one level except getting the last 2 Red Skulls, which we could see, but we'd past a critical part of the level that cuts you off from that area. So we decided to run through it again.
The first time it took us 20 or 30 minutes, but i figured if we didn't look around for items, if we skipped all the combat, we could do it in no time flat. Sure enough, there was a goal for beating the level in under 5 minutes. So then we were sure we could do it.
We ran through the level, and learned a few tips and tricks (enemies can't hurt you if you dive, you can also dive right through them) and we made it through the level in 6:42 seconds... but getting the two skulls took some time. We were being swarmed by enemies and couldn't climb to where we needed to get.
So we did it a final time, since we had all items found. We planned our route, rolled the whole way, and pulled it off in 4:12. It was a lot of fun, both Ryan and I were just shouting "go! go! go! left! left! right! up!" the whole time. I always find the whole speed-run phenomenon kind of lame, since I hate stress, but doing it with a friend was a pretty hilarious affair. So that's the end of this story because I don't know why I'm telling it.
Oh yeah, Lindsay's watching Ghost Adventures and I kind of find that show really boring...
Wednesday, February 2, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment